Music Together Outdoors: limited to six families, at least ten feet apart--in beautiful Newton parks! Thanks, City of Newton! Music Together is designed to teach the way young children learn: through play. Whether online or outdoors, 25 new songs will delight your family in Music Together's Triangle collection. You'll groove to the Lebanese beat of "Ala Dal'ona" and dance to a tropical stick dance and shake off those "Nothin' Blues!" There's a train song, a dancing song, rain song, and two bird songs!
Music Together Online is WE time, not screen time: We show you how to be the rockstar for your child. Through this engaging online program, your teachers will bring the music and activities that you know and love safely right into your home, backyard, or anywhere you are! During each LIVE online music class, your Music and Movement of Newton teachers will lead activities for the whole family to sing, dance, and jam using everyday items like dish towels, pots, and stuffed animals as musical props. Even though the teacher is on the screen, each class is an interactive music-making experience for young children and their grownups.
Your tuition includes:
- This semester's collection music download code
- Illustrated family songbook
- Hello Everybody app
- At-home activity ideas
Day of Week:
Join teacher Rhonda Matson online on Fridays at 12:30 pm for a music class designed specifically for parents with young babies. In this special class for parents with babies through 8 months old, you'll learn lots of fun, interactive music activities that will support your child's growth in so many areas.
There is no screen time for your little one. In Babies Classes Online, your teacher will guide you to position your infant so they are looking at YOU, not the screen. You follow the teacher while your baby watches you, and you leave each class inspired to make each day more musical.
Music Together is:
- Music learned through carefully researched, developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Self-expression and self-development!
- Mixed ages, birth to Kindergarten.
- A different, fabulous, beautiful, professional CD/songbook set included in your tuition each semester, four semesters a year.
- In-class tips to help parents and caregivers enhance their child's music development.
- Active participation--the best way to get all the health and educational benefits of music.
- Differentiated instruction: people of all different ages find challenges tailored to their abilities in the same environment. The old teach the young while the young teach the old.
- An experience that families all over the world are enjoying together and making part of their home lives.
Music ability is as much a basic life skill as walking and talking.
All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and
participate with pleasure and confidence in the music of the world.
"Hello Song” ©1987, "Ladybug” ©1994, "Obwisana” ©2000, "Ridin' in the Car” ©1989, "Stick Tune” ©1989, "This Train” ©1988, "Biddy Biddy" ©1988, "Shenandoah" ©2000 and "Palo Palo” ©1999. All songs copyrighted Music Together LLC. All rights reserved. Sound clips used by permission of the copyright holder.