Sign up to try Rhythm Kids OR view the current schedule of Rhythm Kids classes.
What is Rhythm Kids?
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. Each week we drum, sing, dance, introduce and play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative.
What Makes Rhythm Kids the Right Choice?
Rhythm Kids not only extends a traditional Music Together experience, but also allows any child to enter into a class and start to grow their musical skills and love by emphasizing the best educational models appropriate to their age:
- Social interaction with peers
- Carefully curated musical experiences designed to broaden their horizons culturally, historically, rhythmically, and tonally
- A play- and fun-based, yet structured environment in which to grow
Music and Movement of Newton chooses Rhythm Kids by Music Together because it is the right choice educationally and developmentally. We take our families’ time and money seriously, as well as our responsibilities as teachers, and making sure that our families get the best experience and education are our top priorities. We chose Music Together precisely for this reason, and it continues to be our driving force.
Listen to Song Samples
Keep Learning at Home with Video Instruction
Rhythm Kids’ learning continues at home, with interactive videos designed to be a fun, anytime activity for kids and parents alike. This cutting edge approach brings a great, constructive activity to your family’s day, and sets the stage for further musical learning in lessons, and musical literacy.
While your kids are having fun, they’ll be refining focus, dexterity, coordination, and rhythm – all things they’ll use every day for the rest of their lives.
Rhythm Kids Level 1 (ages 4-5)
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver.
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
- Make up their own drumming patterns
- Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- Create movement ideas for songs
Rhythm Kids Level 2 (ages 5-8)
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is for children in kindergarten to second grade (ages 5 through 8). Parents and caregivers are always welcome, but attendance is NOT mandatory!
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming from cultures around the world
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- Increase skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, and composition
- Participate in active musical games that are enriching and fun
Both Levels of Rhythm Kids Include:
- Weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Students will want to have their own hand drum for use at home and in class.
- Purchase a drum from Djembe Direct and use the code RHYTHMKIDS to receive 5% off. Shipping is free.
- A 9" x 18" djembe is recommended for Rhythm Kids K-2. Smaller drums are also available.
Current Schedule of Rhythm Kids Classes